Higher education, post-secondary education, or third level education is an optional final stage of formal learning that occurs after secondary education.
Often delivered at universities, academies, colleges, seminaries, and institutes of technology, higher education is also available through certain college-level institutions, including vocational schools, trade schools, and other career colleges that award academic degrees or professional certifications. Tertiary education at non-degree level is sometimes referred to as further education or continuing education as distinct from higher education.
The right of access to higher education is mentioned in a number of international human rights instruments. The UN International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights of 1966 declares, in Article 13, that "higher education shall be made equally accessible to all, on the basis of capacity, by every appropriate means, and in particular by the progressive introduction of free education". In Europe, Article 2 of the First Protocol to the European Convention on Human Rights, adopted in 1950, obliges all signatory parties to guarantee the right to education.
- College Grants (2016-2017 Grants for College – Get up to $5,815 Per Year)
- College Scholarships.org
- Maryville University Guide to Understanding Financial Aid
- Go College
- Financial Aid Finder
- Open Education Database
- College Grants.org
- Affordable Colleges
- DCPS Financial Aid Award Letter Calculator
- McNair Scholars
- College Scholarships Graduate Fellowships, Research Internships
- United Negro College Fund
- 200 Free Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- College Grant.net (Free Government and private Scholarships)
- FinAid (scholarships and fellowships for minority students)
- National Association for College Admission Counseling